This delicious baked avocados with eggs bacon cheese look as good as it tastes. As an added bonus, you won’t need to dirty any pots or pans to prepare it if you microwave the bacon rather than fry it.
There are a couple of “tricks” to perfecting this recipe, however. For starters, use large avocados and medium-sized eggs. Otherwise, the egg white may overflow the avocado. Cracking each egg into a small bowl before carefully pouring it into the avocado will also help prevent spills.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 20 – 25 minutes
2 large ripe avocados
4 medium eggs
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
½ c. Cheddar Jack Cheese, shredded
3 strips sugar-free bacon, cooked crispy and crumbled
Optional garnish: chives or green onions (green parts only), sliced thin
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Cut avocados in half lengthwise and remove the pits. Use a spoon to carefully remove some of the avocado flesh around the pit to create more space for the egg. Reserve removed flesh for another use (or smash, season with salt and pepper to taste and top each baked avocado half with a spoonful before serving).
3. Crack one egg into a small bowl and then carefully transfer the egg into one of the prepared avocado halves. Place the filled avocado onto the prepared baking sheet and repeat this process with the remaining avocado halves and eggs. Season each with salt and black pepper, to taste.
4. Place filled avocado halves in preheated oven to bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the eggs are cooked according to your preference.
5. Remove from oven and top each avocado half with shredded Cheddar Jack cheese and crispy bacon pieces. Garnish with chives or sliced green onions, if desired, and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Keto Baked Avocados with Eggs, Bacon & Cheese Nutritional Information:
Total Carbs: 7.9 g
Fiber: 5.9 g
Net Carbs: 2 g
With the help from Custom Keto Diet, they will help you create ” A Done For You” 8-week keto meal plan completely customized based on your food preferences and weight loss goals. Simply follow it to achieve a successful keto diet! 🙂